How To Prepare For Endoscopic Procedures
- Patients should be nil by mouth six hours prior to EGD.
- Patients scheduled for colonoscopy should be on a clear liquid diet starting the day before the procedure. Golytely which can be found in pharmacies should be mixed in a gallon of water and consumed between 16:00 and 21:00 hours, the day before the procedure, clear liquds can be continued until two hours before the procedure
- Patients should be nil by mouth six hours prior to Endoscopic Ultrasonography and ERCP
- Patients who are on Aspirin, Plavix and Coumadine should discuss with their physican about stopping these medications
- Diabetic patients should discuss their diabetic medications with the physician before starting their prep